Skip header and navigation

Revise Search

1 records – page 1 of 1.

Christ Church, Port Stanley, Looking Northwest

https://heritagecollections.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives151624
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Ian D. Cameron Collection
Description Level
File
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
1868
Accession Number
2011-10
Storage Location
R11 S5 Sh3 B2 F5
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Ian D. Cameron Collection
Description Level
File
Item Number
P-5
Accession Number
2011-10
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 110
Storage Location
R11 S5 Sh3 B2 F5
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
1868
Series
Ian D. Cameron Collection - Photographs Series
Scope and Content
Christ Church, Port Stanley, Looking Northwest from the top of modern day Matilda Street, 1868. View includes Christ Church Anglican church and cemetery, built in 1845 on land given by Colonel John Bostwick, the road that is now Colborne Street, Kettle Creek, and the London & Port Stanley Railway covered bridge. The modern day locations of the Kanagio Yacht Club, Foodland, and Selborne Park are visible. This image has been copied from an unidentified publication, where it was printed with the caption "Christ Church, and vicinity, as it appeared from the hill in 1868, with old covered bridge over Creek in background. (From an old photograph in possession of Warren C. Miller, St. Thomas.)". File includes:
glass-plate negative
glass lantern slide
Name Access
Port Stanley (Ont.)
London and Port Stanley Railway
Christ Church (Port Stanley)
Subject Access
Churches
Religion
Images