Skip header and navigation

Revise Search

67 records – page 1 of 4.

Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Clachan Women's Institute fonds
Description Level
Item
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1995
Accession Number
2015-20
Storage Location
R13 S2 Sh2 B1 F1 48b
  1 image     1 website  
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Clachan Women's Institute fonds
Description Level
Item
Accession Number
2015-20
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 110
Storage Location
R13 S2 Sh2 B1 F1 48b
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1995
Series
Clachan Women's Institute fonds - Tweedsmuir History series
Physical Description
1 photograph : col.
Scope and Content
Colour photograph of the home of Donald Eyles and Ellen Robson, built 1993/1994 on Lot 11, Concession 2, Aldborough, included in the Clachan Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History, Volume Two, page 48.
Name Access
Clachan Women's Institute
Clachan (Ont.)
Aldborough (Ont. : Township)
Subject Access
Tweedsmuir Histories
URL Notes
Link directs to the source information for this image, from the Tweedsmuir book.
Images
Websites / Street View
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Clachan Women's Institute fonds
Description Level
Item
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1994-1996
Accession Number
2015-20
Storage Location
R13 S2 Sh2 B1 F1 49
  2 images     1 website  
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Clachan Women's Institute fonds
Description Level
Item
Accession Number
2015-20
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 110
Storage Location
R13 S2 Sh2 B1 F1 49
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1994-1996
Series
Clachan Women's Institute fonds - Tweedsmuir History series
Physical Description
2 photographs : col.
Scope and Content
Two photographs of the homes on the Mann property, located on Lot 3, Concession 1, Aldborough, included in the Clachan Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History, Volume Two, page 49:
The home in the background was purchased by Henry and Agnes Mann in 1894 and was later occupied by Firmin and Rebecca Mann. After Firmin's death in 1983, Rebecca remained in the house until its demolition in 1995. The people in the photograph are Earl, Becky and Lyle Mann [49a];
The home of Lyle (Firmin and Rebecca's son) and Norma Mann in 1996, built in 1952 when they married [49b].
Name Access
Clachan Women's Institute
Clachan (Ont.)
Aldborough (Ont. : Township)
Subject Access
Tweedsmuir Histories
URL Notes
Link directs to the source information for this image, from the Tweedsmuir book.
Images
Websites / Street View
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Clachan Women's Institute fonds
Description Level
Item
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1996
Accession Number
2015-20
Storage Location
R13 S2 Sh2 B1 F1 50
  1 image     1 website  
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Clachan Women's Institute fonds
Description Level
Item
Accession Number
2015-20
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 110
Storage Location
R13 S2 Sh2 B1 F1 50
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1996
Series
Clachan Women's Institute fonds - Tweedsmuir History series
Physical Description
1 photograph : col.
Scope and Content
Colour photograph of the home of Randy Newport, Aldborough Township, included in the Clachan Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History, Volume Two, page 50.
Name Access
Clachan Women's Institute
Clachan (Ont.)
Aldborough (Ont. : Township)
Subject Access
Tweedsmuir Histories
URL Notes
Link directs to the source information for this image, from the Tweedsmuir book.
Images
Websites / Street View
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Clachan Women's Institute fonds
Description Level
Item
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
1995
Accession Number
2015-20
Storage Location
R13 S2 Sh2 B1 F1 51a
  1 image     1 website  
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Clachan Women's Institute fonds
Description Level
Item
Accession Number
2015-20
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 110
Storage Location
R13 S2 Sh2 B1 F1 51a
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
1995
Series
Clachan Women's Institute fonds - Tweedsmuir History series
Physical Description
1 photograph : col.
Scope and Content
Colour photograph of the home of Eva Newport, wife of the late Wellington Newport, located on Lot 9, Concession 2, Aldborough, included in the Clachan Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History, Volume Two, page 51.
Name Access
Clachan Women's Institute
Clachan (Ont.)
Aldborough (Ont. : Township)
Subject Access
Tweedsmuir Histories
URL Notes
Link directs to the source information for this image, from the Tweedsmuir book.
Images
Websites / Street View
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Clachan Women's Institute fonds
Description Level
Item
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
1995
Accession Number
2015-20
Storage Location
R13 S2 Sh2 B1 F1 51b
  1 image     1 website  
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Clachan Women's Institute fonds
Description Level
Item
Accession Number
2015-20
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 110
Storage Location
R13 S2 Sh2 B1 F1 51b
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
1995
Series
Clachan Women's Institute fonds - Tweedsmuir History series
Physical Description
1 photograph : col.
Scope and Content
Colour photograph of the home of Lorne Newport, located on Lot 9, Concession 1, Aldborough, included in the Clachan Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History, Volume Two, page 51.
Name Access
Clachan Women's Institute
Clachan (Ont.)
Aldborough (Ont. : Township)
Subject Access
Tweedsmuir Histories
URL Notes
Link directs to the source information for this image, from the Tweedsmuir book.
Images
Websites / Street View

Aldborough/Rodney/West Lorne amalgamation records

https://heritagecollections.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives45895
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Village of West Lorne fonds
Description Level
File
GMD
textual records
Date Range
1991-1992
Accession Number
2003-12
Storage Location
R8 S1 Sh1 B1 F1
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Village of West Lorne fonds
Description Level
File
Accession Number
2003-12
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 110
Storage Location
R8 S1 Sh1 B1 F1
GMD
textual records
Date Range
1991-1992
Series
Village of West Lorne fonds- Clerk's series
Physical Description
10 cm of textual records
Name Access
Aldborough (Ont. : Township)
Subject Access
Planning and Development

The Amalgamation Committee for the Township of Aldborough and the Villages of Rodney and West Lorne

https://heritagecollections.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives45896
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Village of West Lorne fonds
Description Level
File
GMD
textual records
Date Range
1991-1992
Accession Number
2003-12
Storage Location
R8 S1 Sh1 B1 F2
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Village of West Lorne fonds
Description Level
File
Accession Number
2003-12
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 110
Storage Location
R8 S1 Sh1 B1 F2
GMD
textual records
Date Range
1991-1992
Series
Village of West Lorne fonds- Clerk's series
Physical Description
3 cm of textual records
Name Access
Aldborough (Ont. : Township)
Rodney (Ont.)
West Lorne (Ont.)
Subject Access
Planning and Development

"Municipal Restructuring: the Amalgamation of both a Rural and Small Urban Municipality"

https://heritagecollections.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives45901
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Village of West Lorne fonds
Description Level
File
GMD
textual records
Date Range
April 1993
Accession Number
2003-12
Storage Location
R8 S1 Sh1 B1 F7
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Village of West Lorne fonds
Creator
Written by Susan R. Fisher
Description Level
File
Accession Number
2003-12
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 110
Storage Location
R8 S1 Sh1 B1 F7
GMD
textual records
Date Range
April 1993
Series
Village of West Lorne fonds- Clerk's series
Physical Description
1 volume
Scope and Content
A research paper submitted to Prof. Ken Torrance, Department of Geography, Carleton University, Ottawa.
Name Access
Aldborough (Ont. : Township)
Rodney (Ont.)
West Lorne (Ont.)
Subject Access
Planning and Development

Aldborough/Rodney/West Lorne Amalgamation Agreement

https://heritagecollections.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives45902
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Village of West Lorne fonds
Description Level
File
GMD
textual records
Date Range
1992
Accession Number
2003-12
Storage Location
R8 S1 Sh1 B1 F8
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Village of West Lorne fonds
Description Level
File
Accession Number
2003-12
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 110
Storage Location
R8 S1 Sh1 B1 F8
GMD
textual records
Date Range
1992
Series
Village of West Lorne fonds- Clerk's series
Physical Description
3 cm of textual records
Scope and Content
Drafts #5. 6 and 7. Also, two versions of the Final Draft.
Name Access
Aldborough (Ont. : Township)
Rodney (Ont.)
West Lorne (Ont.)
Subject Access
Planning and Development

Aldborough/Rodney/West Lorne Amalgamation Agreement

https://heritagecollections.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives45903
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Village of West Lorne fonds
Description Level
File
GMD
textual records
Date Range
March 17, 1993
Accession Number
2003-12
Storage Location
R8 S1 Sh1 B1 F9
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Village of West Lorne fonds
Description Level
File
Accession Number
2003-12
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 110
Storage Location
R8 S1 Sh1 B1 F9
GMD
textual records
Date Range
March 17, 1993
Series
Village of West Lorne fonds- Clerk's series
Physical Description
1 cm of textual records
Name Access
Aldborough (Ont. : Township)
Rodney (Ont.)
West Lorne (Ont.)
Subject Access
Planning and Development

Amalgamation of Aldborough/Rodney/West Lorne Tax Impact Study

https://heritagecollections.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives46256
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Village of West Lorne fonds
Description Level
Item
GMD
textual records
Date Range
1992
Accession Number
2003-12
Storage Location
R8 S1 Sh1 B3 F7
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Village of West Lorne fonds
Description Level
Item
Accession Number
2003-12
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 110
Storage Location
R8 S1 Sh1 B3 F7
GMD
textual records
Date Range
1992
Series
Village of West Lorne fonds- Clerk's series
Physical Description
2 volumes
Name Access
West Lorne (Ont. : Village)
Rodney (Ont.)
Aldborough (Ont. : Township)
Subject Access
Taxation

Rodney, West Lorne, Aldborough Tourism Report

https://heritagecollections.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives46257
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Village of West Lorne fonds
Description Level
Item
GMD
textual records
Date Range
1992
Accession Number
2003-12
Storage Location
R8 S1 Sh1 B3 F8
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Village of West Lorne fonds
Description Level
Item
Accession Number
2003-12
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 110
Storage Location
R8 S1 Sh1 B3 F8
GMD
textual records
Date Range
1992
Series
Village of West Lorne fonds- Clerk's series
Physical Description
1 volume
Name Access
West Lorne (Ont. : Village)
Rodney (Ont.)
Aldborough (Ont. : Township)
Subject Access
Tourism

History of Aldborough S.S. #5 & 6 (West Lorne & Rodney)

https://heritagecollections.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives63564
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Retired Teachers of Ontario- Elgin (District 41) fonds
Description Level
File
GMD
textual records
Date Range
ca. 1944-2005
Accession Number
2006-39
Storage Location
R9 S5 Sh3 B1 F5
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Retired Teachers of Ontario- Elgin (District 41) fonds
Description Level
File
Accession Number
2006-39
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 110
Storage Location
R9 S5 Sh3 B1 F5
GMD
textual records
Date Range
ca. 1944-2005
Series
Retired Teachers of Ontario- Elgin (District 41) fonds- School Section History series
Physical Description
0.5 cm of textual records
3 photographs : b&w
History / Biographical
Aldborough S.S. #5
This school section was the rural area around Rodney and was served by the Rodney School from about 1877 on. Rodney did not develop until the building of the railway in the 1870's and so up until that time there was an S.S. #5 on Furnival Road in the tenth concession. This school was closed shortly after 1877. In the 1820's S.S. #5 had been served by the schoolhouse on the John McKellar farm on Middle St. which was also used by S.S. #2 students. About 1875 the first school was built in the village of Rodney. By 1916 a three-room brick school had been built on Fourth St. In 1962 there was a sixth classroom added, but by 1967 only five classrooms were being used. The school building was being used by Emblematic Jewelry as of 1982.
Aldborough S.S. #6 (West Lorne)
The first school in this section was at McKillop's Corners about a mile south of West Lorne. This school was in use by 1866 and was known as Brock's Creek Steam Mill School as it was located near a mill on Brock's Creek. The creek had been named "Brock's" because it was believed that General Brock camped at its mouth on his way to Detroit in the War of 1812. West Lorne began to grow quickly with the building of the Canadian Southern Railway in 1872 and about that time a new school was built in the village itself. About 1875 a second room was added to the school and sometime before 1877 a third classroom was built. All of these three rooms were made of brick and used up until the school's closing. In 1917 a fourth classroom came into use and in September of 1961 a fifth classroom was opened.
Information taken from Elgin County Schools, written by Jim Doelman and published in 1982.
Scope and Content
This file includes three original photographs of Aldborough S.S. #5 & 6 (West Lorne & Rodney), ca. 1944-1952, as well as photocopied histories and photographs (compiled ca. 2005).
Photograph 1: Rodney Public School Grades 3-4. Teacher: Dorothy Kriter, ca. 1944.
Photograph 2: Rodney Public School Grades 3-4. Teacher: Dorothy Kriter, ca. 1944.
Photograph 3: (Rodney Public School?). Teacher: Ruth McCutcheon (now Campbell), 1952. From left side of room, first row: ? Hansen, Joyce Dennis, Jacqueline Marshall, ?. Second row: Louise DeCort, ? Hansen, Ken Dawdy, June Shipley. Third row: Wayne Dennis, Gloria Hansen, Shirley Watts, Dick Hales. Fourth row: Gerald Dennis, Frank Ford, ?. Fifth row: Donna Watts, Ruth Ann Shipley, Rosalie Redinger, ? Hansen. Sixth row: Ellen Robson, Glenn Miller, Marjorie Miller, Bill Hales.
Name Access
Aldborough (Ont. : Township)
West Lorne (Ont.)
Rodney (Ont.)
Subject Access
Education
Schools
Images

History of Aldborough-Dunwich U.S.S. #1 & 2

https://heritagecollections.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives63571
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Retired Teachers of Ontario- Elgin (District 41) fonds
Description Level
File
GMD
textual records
Date Range
1913-ca. 2005
Accession Number
2006-39
Storage Location
R9 S5 Sh3 B1 F13
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Retired Teachers of Ontario- Elgin (District 41) fonds
Description Level
File
Accession Number
2006-39
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 110
Storage Location
R9 S5 Sh3 B1 F13
GMD
textual records
Date Range
1913-ca. 2005
Series
Retired Teachers of Ontario- Elgin (District 41) fonds- School Section History series
Physical Description
0.2 cm of textual records
1 photograph : b&w
History / Biographical
Aldborough/Dunwich U.S.S. #1
Prior to 1913 U.S.S. #1 had been the southern half of U.S.S. #13 (Ald.)/15 (Dun.). U.S.S. #13/15 had been built about 1877 on the northwest corner of Lot 1, Concession 6. At that time U.S.S. #13/15 ran from the lake to where the 401 now runs and extended about 1 mile on either side of the townline. In 1912 the school section was divided in two, with the north section becoming U.S.S. #2 and the south section U.S.S. #1. The first meeting of U.S.S. #1 was in November, 1912 at which time it was decided to buy a one and one-half acre site on the southeast corner of Townline Road and Talbot Road from Miss Agnes Shooky of Alberta for $75. A one-room brick schoolhouse was built on the site by Mr. William Saunders of Dutton. The school was opened on September 29, 1913 with Miss Jessie Aldrich as teacher. In 1946 the students purchased a radio and the board had indoor toilets installed. U.S.S. #1 closed in June, 1965 with students in Dunwich being transferred to Dunwich-Dutton Public School, and those on the Aldborough side of the townline were sent to the Aldborough Public School. The school and grounds were sold to Frank Hodash of Rodney for $3700. and the bell was sold to Walter Hull of Dutton for $50.
Aldborough/Dunwich U.S.S. #2
When U.S.S. #13/15 divided in 1912 the northern part became U.S.S. #2. In 1913 a one-room brick schoolhouse was built by Charles Small of Wallacetown on the southwest corner of Lot 1, Concession A, Dunwich. This land had been bought from Mr. Charles Barber. The school was closed in 1965 and the students sent to either Aldborough Public School or Dunwich-Dutton Public School, depending on which side of the townline they lived. As of 1982 the school was still standing and being used as a house.
Information taken from Elgin County Schools, written by Jim Doelman and published in 1982.
Scope and Content
This file includes photocopied histories and photographs of Aldborough-Dunwich U.S.S. #1 & 2, compiled ca. 2005. Also includes an attendance register, 1913-1914 and a copy of a 1919 photograph of U.S.S. #1, located at the town line at Highway 3 (Talbot Line).
Back row, left to right: Leta Osborne, Jean Cameron, Lillian Gilbert, Margery Cameron, Katherine McGuire (teacher), Jim Ford, James Avery, Cecil Robson, Gordon Gilbert, Harold Ripley, Roy Newton, Lewis Ford.
Middle row: Laura Ripley, Jean Ocborne, Marjorie Robson, Jean Webster, Edna Dawdy, Alma Dawdy, Minnie Ford, Norma Fillmore, Walter Robson, Jack Ripley, Earl Shipley.
Front row: Donald McGregor, Jim Ripley, Murray Ripley, Vernon Shipley.
Name Access
Aldborough (Ont. : Township)
Dunwich (Ont. : Township)
Subject Access
Education
Schools
Images

Newspaper clippings relating to the London and Port Stanley Railway

https://heritagecollections.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives63805
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Elgin County Vertical File Collection
Description Level
File
GMD
textual records
Date Range
1951-2001
Accession Number
2008-01
2017-39
Storage Location
Box 171, File 10
R10 S3 Sh6 B3
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Elgin County Vertical File Collection
Description Level
File
Accession Number
2008-01
2017-39
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 110
Storage Location
Box 171, File 10
R10 S3 Sh6 B3
GMD
textual records
Date Range
1951-2001
Physical Description
0.2 cm of textual records
Scope and Content
St. Thomas Times-Journal articles relating to the London and Port Stanley Railway, 1951-2001.
A column: "What information do you have on the old London and Port Stanley Railroad?", London Free Press, October 10, 1987.
Also included is a sketch by Rickard, of the L & Ps Kains St. Station, St. Thomas, in 1910.
Name Access
St. Thomas Times-Journal
London and Port Stanley Railway
Subject Access
Newspapers
Railways

Financial Information Returns

https://heritagecollections.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives49977
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Township of Aldborough fonds
Description Level
File
GMD
textual records
Date Range
1989-1991
Accession Number
2003-12
Storage Location
R8 S3 Sh3 B4 F8
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Township of Aldborough fonds
Description Level
File
Accession Number
2003-12
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 110
Storage Location
R8 S3 Sh3 B4 F8
GMD
textual records
Date Range
1989-1991
Series
Township of Aldborough fonds- Treasurer's series
Physical Description
3 volumes
Scope and Content
Financial Information Returns for the following years:
-1989
-1990
-1991
Name Access
Aldborough (Ont. : Township)

Financial Information Returns

https://heritagecollections.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives49978
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Township of Aldborough fonds
Description Level
File
GMD
textual records
Date Range
1992-1994
Accession Number
2003-12
Storage Location
R8 S3 Sh3 B4 F10
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Township of Aldborough fonds
Description Level
File
Accession Number
2003-12
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 110
Storage Location
R8 S3 Sh3 B4 F10
GMD
textual records
Date Range
1992-1994
Series
Township of Aldborough fonds- Treasurer's series
Physical Description
3 volumes
Scope and Content
Financial Information Returns for the following years:
-1992
-1993
-1994
Name Access
Aldborough (Ont. : Township)

Financial Information Returns

https://heritagecollections.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives49979
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Township of Aldborough fonds
Description Level
File
GMD
textual records
Date Range
1995-1997
Accession Number
2003-12
Storage Location
R8 S3 Sh1 B4 F10
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Township of Aldborough fonds
Description Level
File
Accession Number
2003-12
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 110
Storage Location
R8 S3 Sh1 B4 F10
GMD
textual records
Date Range
1995-1997
Series
Township of Aldborough fonds- Treasurer's series
Physical Description
3 volumes
Scope and Content
Financial Information Returns for the following years:
-1995
-1996
-1997
Name Access
Aldborough (Ont. : Township)

Consolidated Financial Reports

https://heritagecollections.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives49981
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Township of Aldborough fonds
Description Level
File
GMD
textual records
Date Range
1995-1997
Accession Number
2003-12
Storage Location
R8 S3 Sh1 B4 F11
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Township of Aldborough fonds
Description Level
File
Accession Number
2003-12
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 110
Storage Location
R8 S3 Sh1 B4 F11
GMD
textual records
Date Range
1995-1997
Series
Township of Aldborough fonds- Treasurer's series
Physical Description
3 volumes
Scope and Content
Consolidated Financial Reports for the following years:
-1995
-1996
-1997
Name Access
Aldborough (Ont. : Township)
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Township of Aldborough fonds
Description Level
Item
GMD
textual records
Date Range
1990
Accession Number
2003-12
Storage Location
RC12
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Township of Aldborough fonds
Description Level
Item
Accession Number
2003-12
Storage Room
Archives Basement Storage
Storage Location
RC12
GMD
textual records
Date Range
1990
Series
Township of Aldborough fonds- Treasurer's series
Physical Description
1 volume
Name Access
Aldborough (Ont. : Township)
Subject Access
Taxation

67 records – page 1 of 4.