Viedocassette titled "Memories of the L&PS", featuring a brief photo shitroy, original colour movies and slides from the 1950s, and the London and Port Stanley Railway Moto Coach # 8 reinauguration at Halton County Radial Railway.
The Canada Southern Railway constructed a route from Buffalo to Detroit, through St. Thomas, in 1872. By that time, the London and Port Stanley Railway had been operating in the area for over 15 years, so it was the respondibility of the Canda Southern Railway to protect the diamond where they crossed the London and Port Stanley Railway tracks. For this they built a mechanically interlocked system of signals and switches which were controlled from the BX Tower, located a few hundred feet east of the London and Port Stanley tracks. Levers in the tower allowed the operator to remotely operate switches and signals via a system of control rods that snaked along the ground near the tower.
Scope and Content
BX Tower on Moore Street in St. Thomas, Ontario. This tower served as the interlocking tower for the London and Port Stanley Railway and the Michigan Central Railroad, as well as their subsidiaries and successors.