Skip header and navigation

Revise Search

156 records – page 1 of 8.

Postcard - Centre Street Baptist Church, St. Thomas

https://heritagecollections.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives114269
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Elgin County Photograph Collection
Description Level
Item
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca.1915
Accession Number
2013-05
Storage Location
C3 Sh5 B5 F8
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Elgin County Photograph Collection
Description Level
Item
Item Number
P 392
Accession Number
2013-05
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 105
Storage Location
C3 Sh5 B5 F8
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca.1915
Physical Description
1 postcard : b&w ; 14 x 9 cm
Scan Resolution
300 d.p.i.
Scope and Content
Black and white postcard showing Centre Street Baptist Church, St. Thomas, ca. 1910s. View is looking south on Southwick Street from opposite the Southwick Street fire hall. The London & Port Stanley Railway crossing at the intersection of Centre and Southwick Streets is also in view.
Name Access
Centre Street Baptist Church
London and Port Stanley Railway
Subject Access
Churches
Images

Departure of First Contingent from London & Port Stanley Railway Station, St. Thomas

https://heritagecollections.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives114667
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Ian D. Cameron Collection
Description Level
File
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
1914
Accession Number
2011-10
Storage Location
R11 S5 Sh2 B4 F14
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Ian D. Cameron Collection
Description Level
File
Item Number
G-27
Accession Number
2011-10
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 110
Storage Location
R11 S5 Sh2 B4 F14
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
1914
Series
Ian D. Cameron Collection - Photographs Series
Scope and Content
Departure of the First Contingent from the London & Port Stanley Railway Station, St. Thomas, August 22, 1914. View is looking south from just north of Kains Street. Reproduced from a St. Thomas Times-Journal article. This is a copy reproduced from the June 29, 1927 "Confederation Issue" of the St. Thomas Times-Journal, p. 22. The caption reads: "When the First Contingent Marched Away - Scene at the old London & Port Stanley depot in Kains street, St. Thomas, as the first hundred men, raised in Elgin county just after the outbreak of the Great War, left the city for London, where they joined other units of the First Battalion and went overseas in the greatest armada that ever left Canada's shores." The Elgin Handles plant is visible to the east (left) of the station. File includes:
glass-plate negative
glass lantern slide
Name Access
St. Thomas (Ont.)
London and Port Stanley Railway
1st Battalion
Elgin Handles Limited
Subject Access
First World War
Soldiers
Military
Railways
Images

Picnic Grounds, Fraser House, Steps to the Beach and photograph studio of Fred Loftus

https://heritagecollections.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives114851
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Port Stanley Women's Institute fonds
Description Level
Item
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
[ca. 1916]
Storage Location
R2 S6 Sh1 B4 F2 72a
R2 S6 Sh1 B4 F2 72b
R2 S6 Sh1 B4 F2 72c
R2 S6 Sh1 B4 F2 72d
  4 images     1 website  
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Port Stanley Women's Institute fonds
Description Level
Item
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 107
Storage Location
R2 S6 Sh1 B4 F2 72a
R2 S6 Sh1 B4 F2 72b
R2 S6 Sh1 B4 F2 72c
R2 S6 Sh1 B4 F2 72d
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
[ca. 1916]
Series
Port Stanley Women's Institute fonds - Tweedsmuir History series
Physical Description
4 photographs : b&w
Scope and Content
Black and white photographs showing scenes of Port Stanley. (72a) shows the view of the picnic grounds on Fraser Heights; (72b) shows steps to the beach (1916), with the main beach area visible in the background, including what may be the partially constructed London and Port Stanley Railway Bath House; (72c) shows the Fraser House hotel (opened on May 24, 1871); and (72d) shows the photograph studio of Mr.Fred Loftus (1916). Included in Port Stanley Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History Book.
Name Access
Port Stanley Women's Institute
Port Stanley (Ont.)
Fraser Heights (Port Stanley)
Fraser House (Port Stanley)
Port Stanley Beach
London and Port Stanley Railway
Subject Access
Hotels
Railways
URL Notes
Link directs to the source information for this image, from the Tweedsmuir book.
Images
Websites / Street View

London & Port Stanley Railway- Standard L & PS Railway passenger train

https://heritagecollections.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives123930
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Elgin County Vertical File Collection
Description Level
File
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1910
Accession Number
2013-37
Storage Location
Box 152, File 20
R10 S3 Sh3 B2
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Elgin County Vertical File Collection
Creator
Heritage Port, Port Stanley
Description Level
File
Accession Number
2013-37
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 110
Storage Location
Box 152, File 20
R10 S3 Sh3 B2
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1910
Publication
Postcard is part of a set of ten postcards published ca. 2013 by Senton Incorporated. The images used are from the collection of Robert Weare.
Physical Description
1 postcard
Scope and Content
London & Port Stanley Railway- Standard L & PS Railway passenger train. Coaches on the No. 12 Type are 72 foot, all steel, 500 horsepower motor cars, equipped general passenger smoking and express baggage compartments. They are finished in inlaid mahogony and Pullman plush, and are electrically heated and ventilated.
Name Access
St. Thomas (Ont.)
London and Port Stanley Railway
Canada Southern Railway Station
Subject Access
Railways
Images

London & Port Stanley Railway- View of Stanley Beach, Port Stanley

https://heritagecollections.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives123931
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Elgin County Vertical File Collection
Description Level
File
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1910
Accession Number
2013-37
Storage Location
Box 152, File 20
R10 S3 Sh3 B2
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Elgin County Vertical File Collection
Creator
Heritage Port, Port Stanley
Description Level
File
Accession Number
2013-37
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 110
Storage Location
Box 152, File 20
R10 S3 Sh3 B2
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1910
Publication
Postcard is part of a set of ten postcards published ca. 2013 by Senton Incorporated. The images used are from the collection of Robert Weare.
Physical Description
1 postcard
Name Access
St. Thomas (Ont.)
London and Port Stanley Railway
Canada Southern Railway Station
Subject Access
Railways
Images

Inner Harbour and Bridge, Port Stanley

https://heritagecollections.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives152020
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Ian D. Cameron Collection
Description Level
File
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1916
Accession Number
2011-10
Storage Location
R11 S5 Sh3 B2 F31
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Ian D. Cameron Collection
Description Level
File
Item Number
P-31
Accession Number
2011-10
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 110
Storage Location
R11 S5 Sh3 B2 F31
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1916
Publication
Posted on Facebook and Twitter: December 1, 2020.
Series
Ian D. Cameron Collection - Photographs Series
Scope and Content
View of the inner harbour and harbour bridge, Port Stanley, looking northwest, ca. 1910. View includes a few steam-powered fishing and pleasure boats, what appears to be a dredge scow (right), and the Main Station or Depot for the London and Port Stanley Railway. Houses or cottages are visible in the background on top of the hill behind the L & PS Station. The bridge shown in this photograph was removed in 1937 to allow for the construction of the King George VI Lift Bridge, which was officially opened in May, 1939. The fish tug that is pictured second-from-left (with the collapsed turtle at the stern and damaged starboard side) is the John R. Moore. She was built in 1911, and not fully turtled over for a few years after built, so photo would be 1915 or later. File includes:
glass-plate negative
glass lantern slide
Name Access
Port Stanley (Ont.)
Port Stanley Harbour
London and Port Stanley Railway
Subject Access
Fisheries
Fishing
Bridges
Railways
Images

Inner Harbour and Bridge, Port Stanley

https://heritagecollections.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives152024
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Ian D. Cameron Collection
Description Level
File
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1910
Accession Number
2011-10
Storage Location
R11 S5 Sh3 B2 F32
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Ian D. Cameron Collection
Description Level
File
Item Number
P-32
Accession Number
2011-10
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 110
Storage Location
R11 S5 Sh3 B2 F32
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1910
Series
Ian D. Cameron Collection - Photographs Series
Scope and Content
View of the inner harbour and harbour bridge, Port Stanley, looking southeast, ca. 1910. View includes the Main Station or Depot for the London and Port Stanley Railway. The bridge shown in this photograph was removed in 1937 to allow for the construction of the King George VI Lift Bridge, which was officially opened in May, 1939. The bridge across the ravine on Hillcrest is visible in the background as is the Purdom Cottage (located immediately to the south or right of the ravine bridge). File includes:
glass-plate negative
glass lantern slide
Name Access
Port Stanley (Ont.)
Port Stanley Harbour
London and Port Stanley Railway
Hillcrest Inn, Port Stanley
Subject Access
Bridges
Railways
Images

'M.C.R.R. Station, St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada'

https://heritagecollections.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives14744
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Robert Moore Postcard Collection
Description Level
Item
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1910
Accession Number
2005-26
Storage Location
C6 Sh6 B2 F3 #34
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Robert Moore Postcard Collection
Creator
The Valentine and Sons Publishing Co., Ltd., Montreal and Toronto
Description Level
Item
Accession Number
2005-26
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 105
Storage Location
C6 Sh6 B2 F3 #34
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1910
Publication
Published on the Archives' flickr site: http://www.flickr.com/photos/elgincountyarchives/4311297527/in/set-72157623302116008/.
Physical Description
1 postcard : col. ; 9 x 14 cm
Scope and Content
A colour illustration of the Michigan Central Railroad Station, St. Thomas. Has a St. Thomas postmark dated September 9, 1910. Addressed to Mrs. J.W. Lumly of Iona Station, Ontario. Two rail cars belonging to either the St. Thomas Street Railway or London and Port Stanley Railway are visible in front of the station. Now the historic CASO Station.
Name Access
St. Thomas (Ont.)
Michigan Central Railway
Michigan Central Railroad
London and Port Stanley Railway
St. Thomas Street Railway
Canada Southern Railway Station
Subject Access
Railways
Images

Main Beach and Harbour Entrance, Port Stanley

https://heritagecollections.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives152297
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Ian D. Cameron Collection
Description Level
File
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1914
Accession Number
2011-10
Storage Location
R11 S5 Sh3 B2 F50
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Ian D. Cameron Collection
Description Level
File
Item Number
P-50
Accession Number
2011-10
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 110
Storage Location
R11 S5 Sh3 B2 F50
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1914
Publication
Posted to Facebook, Instagram and Twitter; May 21 2019
Series
Ian D. Cameron Collection - Photographs Series
Scope and Content
View of the main beach and harbour entrance at Port Stanley, looking southeast from Fraser Heights, ca. 1914. View includes the London and Port Stanley Railway slip dock and tracks to the beach terminal; the west breakwater (pier) and lighthouse; the Stanley Beach Casino (later Hopkins Casino), which opened on July 1, 1909; a pleasure boat docked at the Casino pier (possibly the vessel "Rambler" shown in C3 Sh6 B1 F44); and the beach boardwalk (constructed 1908). This image pre-dates 1915, when the London and Port Stanley Railway was electrified (overhead wires and electric stanchions are absent in this image), and pre-dates 1917, when the London and Port Stanley Railway Bath House was constructed. Note that the ferris wheel formerly located immediately to the east of the Stanley Beach Casino (see image C3 Sh6 B1 F44) is absent in this image. File includes:
glass lantern slide
Name Access
Port Stanley (Ont.)
Port Stanley Beach
Port Stanley Harbour
London and Port Stanley Railway
Stanley Beach Casino
Hopkins Casino
Subject Access
Railways
Images

Port Stanley, Looking North from Hillcrest

https://heritagecollections.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives152371
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Ian D. Cameron Collection
Description Level
File
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1910
Accession Number
2011-10
Storage Location
R11 S5 Sh3 B2 F58
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Ian D. Cameron Collection
Description Level
File
Item Number
P-58
Accession Number
2011-10
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 110
Storage Location
R11 S5 Sh3 B2 F58
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1910
Publication
Published in the St. Thomas Times-Journal Bygone Days feature, and on the Archives flickr site, September 3, 2016: https://www.flickr.com/photos/elgincountyarchives/28900387844/in/dateposted-public/.
Published in the St. Thomas Times-Journal Bygone Days feature, and on the Archives flickr site, January 4, 2017: https://www.flickr.com/photos/elgincountyarchives/32210834055/in/dateposted-public/.
Posted on Facebook: August 22, 2019.
Published by the Elgin County Engineering Department for their "Bridging for the Future" project: February 2021: Image #2.
Series
Ian D. Cameron Collection - Photographs Series
Scope and Content
View of Port Stanley, ca. 1910, looking north from Hillcrest. View includes the original Port Stanley Town Hall (built 1877) on the east side of Main Street, with its distinctive front dometed turret; the Hotel Loney (later the Clifton Hotel); the London and Port Stanley Railway station at the intersection of Bridge and Carlow Streets, and a rail car on the tracks just north of the station; a building opposite the train station marked "Lakeside Pleasure Company Ltd" (later the Lakeside Fish Company); the bridge across the inner harbour (removed to make way for the King George VI Lift Bridge, which opened in May, 1939); Main Street, with tracks for the South-Western Traction Company (or its successor, the London and Lake Erie Railway and Transportation Company) visible; and numerous pleasure boats and fishing tugs. File includes:
Photograph print
Name Access
Port Stanley (Ont.)
Hotel Loney (Port Stanley)
Clifton Hotel (Port Stanley)
London and Port Stanley Railway
Southwestern Traction Company
London and Lake Erie Railway and Transportation Company
Town Hall (Port Stanley)
Subject Access
Railways
Hotels
Bridges
Municipal Offices
Images
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Ian D. Cameron Collection
Description Level
File
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1912
Accession Number
2011-10
Storage Location
R11 S5 Sh3 B2 F62
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Ian D. Cameron Collection
Description Level
File
Item Number
P-62
Accession Number
2011-10
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 110
Storage Location
R11 S5 Sh3 B2 F62
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1912
Series
Ian D. Cameron Collection - Photographs Series
Scope and Content
Black and white postcard, ca. 1912, showing the inner harbour at Port Stanley, looking southeast. View includes the bridge across the Hillcrest ravine and the Purdom Cottage (located immediately to the south or right of the ravine bridge); the original Port Stanley Town Hall on the east side of Main Street, constructed in 1877; the bridge across the harbour that was later removed to make way for the King George VI Lift Bridge (officially opened in May, 1939); a building at the western end of the bridge, on the south side of Bridge Street marked "Boat House"; and the London and Port Stanley Railway station and yards just north of Bridge Street. File includes:
Postcard
Name Access
Port Stanley (Ont.)
Hillcrest Inn, Port Stanley
London and Port Stanley Railway
Port Stanley Harbour
Town Hall (Port Stanley)
Subject Access
Hotels
Bridges
Railways
Municipal Offices
Images
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Ian D. Cameron Collection
Description Level
File
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1912
Accession Number
2011-10
Storage Location
R11 S5 Sh3 B2 F63
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Ian D. Cameron Collection
Description Level
File
Item Number
P-63
Accession Number
2011-10
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 110
Storage Location
R11 S5 Sh3 B2 F63
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1912
Publication
Posted on Facebook: September 10, 2020.
Published by the Elgin County Engineering Department for their "Bridging for the Future" project: February 2021: Image #4.
Series
Ian D. Cameron Collection - Photographs Series
Scope and Content
Black and white photograph, ca. 1912, showing the inner harbour at Port Stanley, looking southeast. View includes the Purdom Cottage (with a sign reading "Hillcrest" on the hill directly beneath the building), the Hillcrest Hotel/Hillcrest Inn and Hillcrest observation tower (located immediately to the north or left of the ravine bridge), the bridge across the Hillcrest ravine; the original Port Stanley Town Hall (constructed in 1877), the Payne House (constructed in 1873 by Port Stanley postmaster and customs officer Manuel Payne) and the Customs House, all located on the on the east side of Main Street; the bridge across the harbour that was later removed to make way for the King George VI Lift Bridge (officially opened in May, 1939); a building at the western end of the bridge, on the south side of Bridge Street marked "Boat House"; and the London and Port Stanley Railway station and yards just north of Bridge Street, with several rail cars marked "Pere Marquette" (the Pere Marquette Railway leased the London and Port Stanley Railway's tracks and facilities from 1906 to 1914). What appears to be a pile of sawn boards (lumber) and a floating derrick or dredge are visible, just south of the bridge on the east bank of the harbour. File includes:
Photograph print
Name Access
Port Stanley (Ont.)
Hillcrest Inn, Port Stanley
London and Port Stanley Railway
Pere Marquette Railway
Port Stanley Harbour
Payne (family)
Payne House (Port Stanley)
Payne, Manuel
Port Stanley Customs House
Town Hall (Port Stanley)
Subject Access
Hotels
Bridges
Railways
Municipal Offices
Images

"Harbor and Coal Yards, Port Stanley"

https://heritagecollections.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives152408
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Ian D. Cameron Collection
Description Level
File
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1910
Accession Number
2011-10
Storage Location
R11 S5 Sh3 B2 F65
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Ian D. Cameron Collection
Description Level
File
Item Number
P-65
Accession Number
2011-10
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 110
Storage Location
R11 S5 Sh3 B2 F65
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1910
Series
Ian D. Cameron Collection - Photographs Series
Scope and Content
Black and white postcard showing the harbour entrance at Port Stanley, looking south toward Lake Erie. View includes several pleasure and fishing boats at anchor on the west side of the harbour and London and Port Stanley Railway tracks leading to the slip dock, with what appear to be piles of lumber and coal awaiting shipment. In the far background, the tip of the Port Stanley lighthouse is visible, although it is uncertain if this is the current lighthouse (constructed in 1908) or its predecessor. The postcard is marked, verso, with a Walkerville, Ontario postmark dated June 3, 1910 and has a manuscript message addressed to Mr. Charles Hough, Port Stanley, from his sister Alice. File includes:
Postcard
Name Access
Port Stanley (Ont.)
Port Stanley Harbour
London and Port Stanley Railway
Subject Access
Railways
Images

Harbour Entrance, Port Stanley, Looking Southwest

https://heritagecollections.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives152428
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Ian D. Cameron Collection
Description Level
File
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1915
Accession Number
2011-10
Storage Location
R11 S5 Sh3 B2 F67
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Ian D. Cameron Collection
Description Level
File
Item Number
P-67
Accession Number
2011-10
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 110
Storage Location
R11 S5 Sh3 B2 F67
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1915
Publication
Posted on Facebook: February 5, 2021.
Series
Ian D. Cameron Collection - Photographs Series
Scope and Content
Black and white photograph showing the entrance to the harbour at Port Stanley, looking southwest from Hillcrest, ca. 1915. View includes the route of modern day Willow and Edward Streets, with railway tracks visible, probably those of the South-Western Traction Company/London and Lake Erie Railway; London and Port Stanley Railway yards and freight slip dock on the west side of the harbour entrance; a large steamship entering the harbour; and piles of coal awaiting shipment. The Stanley Beach Casino and ferris wheel are visible in the background: the Casino was opened on July 1, 1909, later purchased by St. Thomas photographer James H. Hopkins and operated as Hopkins Casino, and destroyed by fire in April, 1932. The west breakwater (pier) is partially visible at upper left. File includes:
Photograph print
Name Access
Port Stanley (Ont.)
Stanley Beach Casino
Hopkins Casino
Hopkins, James H.
Southwestern Traction Company
London and Lake Erie Railway and Transportation Company
London and Port Stanley Railway
Subject Access
Railways
Images

Harbour, Port Stanley, Looking Southeast

https://heritagecollections.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives152529
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Ian D. Cameron Collection
Description Level
File
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1915
Accession Number
2011-10
Storage Location
R11 S5 Sh3 B2 F68
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Ian D. Cameron Collection
Description Level
File
Item Number
P-68
Accession Number
2011-10
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 110
Storage Location
R11 S5 Sh3 B2 F68
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1915
Publication
Published by the Elgin County Engineering Department for their "Bridging for the Future" project: March 2021: Image #7.
Series
Ian D. Cameron Collection - Photographs Series
Scope and Content
Black and white photograph showing the inner harbour at Port Stanley, looking southeast, ca. 1915. View includes the London and Port Stanley Railway station and yards; an Ice Cream Parlour on the south side of Bridge Street opposite the railway station; the bridge across the inner harbour that was removed to make way for the King George VI Lift Bridge (officially opened in May, 1939); a rare view of Bridge Street east of the bridge; the Hotel Loney (later the Clifton Hotel); the Customs House and Payne House on the east side of Main Street. The Port Stanley Town Hall (built 1877) is partially visible at the extreme right. In the background, a row of houses or cottages is visible on the crest of Hillcrest, as is the bridge across the Hillcrest ravine, the Purdom Cottage (located immediately to the south or right of the ravine bridge), and the Hillcrest Hotel, later known as the Hillcrest Inn (located immediately to the north or left of the ravine bridge). Note that the observation tower adjacent to the Hillcrest Hotel is absent in this photograph. File includes:
Photograph print
Name Access
Port Stanley (Ont.)
London and Port Stanley Railway
Hillcrest Inn, Port Stanley
Hotel Loney (Port Stanley)
Clifton Hotel (Port Stanley)
Payne (family)
Payne House (Port Stanley)
Payne, Manuel
Port Stanley Customs House
Town Hall (Port Stanley)
Subject Access
Railways
Hotels
Municipal Offices
Bridges
Images

William Street, Port Stanley, Looking South

https://heritagecollections.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives152532
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Ian D. Cameron Collection
Description Level
File
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1915
Accession Number
2011-10
Storage Location
R11 S5 Sh3 B2 F69
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Ian D. Cameron Collection
Description Level
File
Item Number
P-69
Accession Number
2011-10
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 110
Storage Location
R11 S5 Sh3 B2 F69
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
ca. 1915
Series
Ian D. Cameron Collection - Photographs Series
Scope and Content
Black and white postcard with caption "Willow Beach, Port Stanley, Ont." showing William Street, Port Stanley, looking south toward Lake Erie from Erie Street, ca. 1915. A sign is visible in the background marking the London and Port Stanley Railway crossing on William Street just north of Edith Cavell Boulevard. Telephone and electricity poles, and an electric street light are also visible. File includes:
Postcard
Name Access
Port Stanley (Ont.)
London and Port Stanley Railway
Subject Access
Railways
Images

Ken Verrell Collection - London and Port Stanley Railway records

https://heritagecollections.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives165277
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Ken Verrell Collection
Description Level
Series
GMD
textual records
cartographic material
graphic material
Date Range
1895-1973
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Ken Verrell Collection
Description Level
Series
GMD
textual records
cartographic material
graphic material
Date Range
1895-1973
Series
Ken Verrell Collection - London and Port Stanley Railway records series
Physical Description
6.3 cm of textual records
5 booklets
4 volumes
2 prints
1 map
2 plans
Scope and Content
Series contains records created by the London and Port Stanley Railway. Series is comprised of the following subseries and files: Correspondence subseries
Files:
R4 S5 Sh1 B7 F9: Miscellaneous correspondence, 1917-1965
R4 S5 Sh1 B7 F10: Correspondence relating to the possibility of the Canadian National Railway purchasing the London and Port Stanley Railway Employee records subseries
R4 S5 Sh1 B7 F11: Miscellaneous employee documents
R4 S5 Sh1 B7 F12: London and Port Stanley Railway employee list
R4 S5 Sh1 B7 F13: Seniority list, 1965
R4 S5 Sh1 B7 F14: Employee examination booklets
R4 S5 Sh1 B7 F15: Reports on job evaluation for the London and Port Stanley Railway Administrative records subseries
R4 S5 Sh1 B8 F1: Blank administrative forms
R4 S5 Sh1 B8 F2: Tariffs
R4 S5 Sh1 B8 F7: Invoices
R4 S5 Sh1 B8 F12: Employee handboooks Reports subseries
R4 S5 Sh1 B8 F3: Annual Reports, 1916-1919
R4 S5 Sh1 B8 F4: Index of Accidents, 1922-1926
R4 S5 Sh1 B8 F5: Car traffic reports
R4 S5 Sh1 B8 F6: Financial reports
R4 S5 Sh1 B8 F8: Report on the London and Port Stanley Railway, 1934 Ephemera subseries
R4 S5 Sh1 B8 F9: Passenger timetables
R4 S5 Sh1 B8 F10: Employee timetables
R4 S5 Sh1 B8 F11: Miscellaneous ephemera
R4 S5 Sh4 B1 F10: Artistic rendition of the London and Port Stanley Railway Maps and Plans subseries
R4 S5 Sh1 B8 F13: Map showing London and Port Stanley Railway trackage and Connections
C2 Sh7 14: Plans showing Trestle Bridges over Kettle and Mill Creeks
Name Access
London and Port Stanley Railway
Subject Access
Railways

Plan showing proposed changes to the London and Port Stanley Railway Kettle Creek trestle bridge, 1919

https://heritagecollections.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives166462
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Ken Verrell Collection
Description Level
Item
GMD
cartographic material
Date Range
August 1919
Storage Location
C1 Sh5 T29 5
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Ken Verrell Collection
Description Level
Item
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 107
Storage Location
C1 Sh5 T29 5
GMD
cartographic material
Date Range
August 1919
Series
Ken Verrell Collection - London and Port Stanley Railway records series
Physical Description
1 plan
Scope and Content
Plan showing proposed changes to the London and Port Stanley Railway Kettle Creek trestle bridge, dated August 1919.
Name Access
London and Port Stanley Railway
Subject Access
Railways

Plan showing London and Port Stanley railway crossing with the St. Thomas Street Railway at Wellington Street in St. Thomas, Ontario

https://heritagecollections.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives166712
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Ken Verrell Collection
Description Level
Item
GMD
cartographic material
Date Range
March 1915
Storage Location
RM1 C2 8
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Ken Verrell Collection
Description Level
Item
Storage Room
Records Centre
Storage Location
RM1 C2 8
GMD
cartographic material
Date Range
March 1915
Series
Ken Verrell Collection - London and Port Stanley Railway records series
Physical Description
1 plan [photocopy]
Scope and Content
Plan showing the London and Port Stanley railway crossing with the St. Thomas Street Railway Trolley Hydro Electric Light Line at Wellington Street in St. Thomas, Ontario, dated March 1915.
Name Access
London and Port Stanley Railway
Subject Access
Railways

Photographs, Trains and Locomotives - The London and Port Stanley Railway

https://heritagecollections.elgin.ca/en/permalink/archives158952
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Ken Verrell Collection
Description Level
File
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
1915-1957
Accession Number
2016-30
Storage Location
R4 S5 Sh3 B2 F1
Museum / Archive
Elgin County Archives
Part Of
Ken Verrell Collection
Description Level
File
File Number
R4 S5 Sh3 B2 F1
Accession Number
2016-30
Storage Room
Archives Storage Rm. 107
Storage Location
R4 S5 Sh3 B2 F1
GMD
graphic material
Date Range
1915-1957
Series
Ken Verrell Collection - Photographs series
Physical Description
52 photographs
Scope and Content
File contains photographs of locomotive engines, cabooses, passenger cars and trains from the London and Port Stanley Railway line.
Name Access
London and Port Stanley Railway
St. Thomas (Ont.)
London (Ont.)
Port Stanley (Ont.)
Railways
Subject Access
Railways
Transportation

156 records – page 1 of 8.